"But it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio." --Lafcadio Hearn
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Q & A
This thing doesn't want to let me respond to comments, so I'll do it this way.
Q: Am I having fun? A: Yes!
Q: How do you bathe? A: I overheard a guy two rows behind me going from Atlanta to Asheville put it better than I ever could: "Man, I'm used to getting my shower. This feels like being a Viking." I'll spare everyone the details.
Q: Somebody talking smack about my fanny pack. A: I will brook no disrespect for the fanny pack. I love it and I have received shout-outs in support. But if the offended party prefers, I will refer to it as a manny pack.
Q: Who is the most interesting person I have encountered so far? A: Had a chat with a gentleman on the road between Charlotesville and DC about how Drew Brees is awesome, weddings are expensive, and how the girl with all the tattoos had a severe nicotine addiction, which in turn led him to share how drugs cost him his job with the GPO twenty years ago. Really nice guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some hotels have a "day rate", where you get a room from 9 am to 5 pm so you can shower and nap while on the road. Also, truck stops.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.between9and5.com/
Sounds like you are having fun. Can't wait to see you. Let me know when you think you will get to Philly.
ReplyDelete"Manny pack" is the best thing that has happened to me today!
ReplyDelete