Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday: Chicago, IL to Billings, MT

The various buses I was on today covered about 1250 miles. Not bad. The first leg was overnight to Minneapolis, where I changed to a bus operated by Jefferson Lines (no idea why, must be some kind of affiliate thing like the airlines do). Then Minneapolis to Fargo, where I transferred again to a Rimrock Trailways bus. Now I am in the station in Billings, on a layover before getting on yet another bus. This is the first station I've seen with a pool table.

Not too much to report. Today's buses were older models, and less comfortable than average. The crowd is livelier, or at least more talkative. Lots of oil field workers (who agree that North Dakota is the place to get a job), some grandmas, a couple of truckers, one carnival worker, a guy going to California to break his fiancé's ex-boyfriend's legs with a baseball bat, and a chatty recovering methamphetamine user named Charlie headed to Colorado for a court appearance. Lots of different stories.

1 comment:

  1. I think that second paragraph is the outline of your book of short stories. I would pre-order it on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete