"But it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio." --Lafcadio Hearn
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Portland to San Francisco
Not much to report on this leg of the bus trip, other than that I ran into Frank again! After we parted ways last time, I went to Spokane and Seattle and he went to Vancouver, BC and then Seattle. Now he's on the way back to Los Angeles for his return flight to Guangzhou. We continued to talk about our trip experiences. I asked him if he was bringing any souvenirs back; he pointed out that they were all made in China anyway, so he wasn't too concerned about bringing back any knickknacks. We exchanged email addresses and gifts (he gave me a packet of some kind of gelatinous ginger milk drink mix, I gave him a Saints beer koozie). It's a small thing, but I think between us we have improved Sino-American relations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment