Woke up after a good night's sleep and had a nutritious breakfast. I haven't mentioned breakfast much on the blog, except when it has been particularly delicious donuts. Let's just say, the unmentioned breakfasts have not been balanced. Dunkin Donuts, egg mcmuffins, pastries and the like. It was nice to have a bowl of cereal.
Today I had the company of my brother as fellow tourist. First stop was the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. The special exhibition is a retrospective of Cindy Sherman's photography. Very interesting, and frequently disturbing. Also enjoyed the Diego Rivera paintings on display, and a couple by John Baldessari. (Oh, and on the bus there I saw Frank walking the other direction on Market street. Small world.)
Next, we went to the Mission District. We picked up burritos the size of small babies and went to enjoy them in Dolores Park. (The weather was superb.) By chance, the San Francisco Symphony was performing a free concert. It was a lovely way to while away the afternoon. (There was also a dancing robot with a working boombox in its torso, and a protest of the recent Mexican elections, so I'd call that a decent microcosm of San Francisco.)
Then we walked a bit around the Mission and checked out the Pirate Store. I was tempted by many of the wares but did not get any souvenirs. Next was a brief stop at the San Francisco Railway Museum (small, but free) and then feeding seagulls at the pier (free if you pick up a discarded bread bowl and shockingly entertaining). Finally, we caught the ferry to Sausalito to a great home-cooked meal with family. Excellent grilled salmon and a transcendent peach dessert by a cupcake master. After all that, they had to roll me home.
It was very nice to meet you and I hope you had a great time in SF. I'm enjoying reading about your adventures and hope the remainder of your trip is great! Thank you for your generous review of Sunday's dessert and the link-up. :) Take care!
ReplyDeleteAmber