Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thursday, July 19: Morning: Seattle

Got another early start in Seattle. More Daily Dozen donuts, this time with a good friend from law school I haven't seen in years. We caught up on old times and new, and it was great. The high points of this trip really have been visiting with friends.

After breakfast I went to the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park. Very good and comprehensive approach to the topic, with tracking of individuals who were involved and explaining the impact on the growth of Seattle. A+. Then I had lunch for the fist time at a Jimmy John's sandwich franchise. Drew Brees, I am expecting you to run a tighter ship than the one on 5th Avenue.

Finally, it was time to catch the 1:10 to Portland. The trip was uneventful except for the pair sitting in the row next to me. Window seat was a quite good-looking female tourist from Germany. Aisle seat was some young whippersnapper from Seattle. The tourist was WAY out of his league, but he was trying to make time with her the entire trip. Sample line: "People tell me I got big arms, but I think I could get 'em bigger, even without steroids." I don't know if she was humoring him, but he got farther than I would have expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment