Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wednesday in Seattle, part two

After lunch at Seattle Center I caught a bus up to the University of Washington and its environs. I forget if I have mentioned it yet, but one of the goals of the trip was to take a picture of every building I have ever lived in for any length of time. I accomplished it in New York and Spokane but failed by bypassing Madison, WI. Nonetheless, I decided to get the Seattle part of he job done. One dorm on campus, three apartment buildings in the U District, and one house where I stayed for he semester Tulane was closed due to Huricane Katrina and the ensuing flooding. Got all the pictures, but boy going around made me feel old. Some buildings are gone, plenty are new, and the teriyaki place and theater I liked aren't in business anymore. And I saw a group of prospective freshmen taking a tour. I can't possibly ever have been that young. Anyeay, met back up wih friends for dinner at a pretty good Japanese restaurant to cap off the day. Next stop, Portland, OR. I've seen a documentary series about it so I think I know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment