Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tuesday, July 17: Spokane to Seattle

Tuesday I puttered around in the post-thunderstorm cool of the morning, walked around downtown, and caught the 12:05 to Seattle. Thus far I have been on buses where the air conditioning was feeble or where the driver just wouldn't adjust the temperature, but was the first instance tgat the AC flat out did not work. We found this out between Spokane and Moses Lake, and from Moses Lake through Seattle we made do with having the ceiling emergency exits wide open. It barely helped. I was a sweaty mess by the time we made it to Seattle a bit before 6:00.

I got in touch with a couple more old buddies from back in the day and we went to dinner at El Gaucho. This was a huge step up from having a corndog in Ellensburg. I got a good crabcake, the fancy steak trio, and cherries jubilee. Best meal on the trip so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment