
And there were drink pairings for every course. It was almost all damn good, and the parts that weren't were at least unusual. The chef seems like an awesome dude, and I was glad to try his experimental stuff.
Sunday night: special Chanukah menu at Domenica. Here's the menu:

The chef does a special menu for the major Jewish holidays, and a friend has organized outings for the past couple of years. This too was fantastic across the board. (No, I will never be a food critic.) And it's in the Roosevelt, so of course the lovely holiday decorations are up:

And it was a swell weekend other than that. Took the 88 bus out to Poland and St. Claude to trade Toys for Tots for artwork, hit up the Freretstivus market, checked out some good stuff from the library, watched part of the Saints game at Dat Dog, saw Killing Them Softly. I am predisposed to like movies about stupid pissed-off criminals, but it was still pretty good. The New Orleans setting was mostly superfluous, other than trying to guess where they were filming particular parts. (I spotted Casamento's, Mr. B's, and the Maple Leaf.)
No comments:
Post a Comment