I took advantage of the lovely walking weather today. Started at the end of Magazine by Audubon Park, then walked the length of it to Canal. I haven't done that for a few years, so it was good to get a feel for how the street feels. In short, more expensive. Random thoughts from the walk: Magazine could support many, many more bars. There are entire sectors of the economy in which I do not participate: coffee, hair/beautifying stuff, antiques, pilates, frozen yogurt. Mens' clothing shops are incredibly expensive, compared to the Stein Mart. The yarn place appears to have moved.
After running out of Magazine, I continued along towards Pizza Delicious in Bywater, to use the free slice voucher I got for contributing to their Kickstarter. Wow, I just typed that sentence. Anyway, the pizza was very good. I also ran into a friend from law school and got a sneak peek of the progress on Krewe du Vieux. January 19, 2013, people. Less than two months away!
Then I hoofed it back to Esplanade and up to the New Orleans Museum of Art, mainly to check out the Lifelike exhibition. Very uncanny, trippy stuff, and well worth the visit. With the sun low in the sky I took a nice stroll through City Park, by the Morning Call that just opened (which was hopping), and caught a bus home. The bus trip was slightly delayed when the driver stopped, disembarked in the company of a young lady, and came back ten minutes later with a bag from Burger King.
"The bus trip was slightly delayed when the driver stopped, disembarked in the company of a young lady, and came back ten minutes later with a bag from Burger King."
ReplyDeleteOnly in New Orleans. I doubt anyone even complained.
One guy was cranky about missing his transfer and asked if anybody on board knew how to drive the bus.
Delete