I don't go to enough live music in town, but I'm working on fixing that. Last night I went to One Eyed Jacks to catch a show. I like One Eyed Jacks, both on the inherent merits of the venue and because it tends to host bands I like.
The opening act was Swearin'. (They have a tumblr too, but it doesn't have much information.) Swearin' was very energetic and they all look like they're not old enough to drink. But they were good enough that I bought their album--on CD, not cassette tape, which was also available. Are cassette tapes making a comeback? If so, why?
The main act was Japandroids, and you should really go read their hilarious band biography. NPR told me that Japandroids had the "awesomest album of 2012" and darned if it wasn't true. One guitar player, one drummer, both of them Canadian, and dang did they rock. I don't have much of a music vocabulary, but I will sum the performance up as "badass".
No comments:
Post a Comment