Yeah, that game was terrible. Five interceptions, end of the touchdown streak, loss to Atlanta, all awful. (Although they still have to live in Atlanta.) But I'm quite chipper. Why? Because before the game I had my coolest celebrity encounter ever.
I've had a couple of celebrity encounters in New Orleans, some cooler than others. Eating in the same restaurant as Jake Gyllenhall or standing in front of Fred Willard at the Cafe du Monde, that's all right. Having Spike Lee ask to take a picture of your group costume on Mardi Gras is pretty good. Sitting next to Wendell Pierce at A Streetcar Named Desire and he buys you a beer, that's freaking awesome. But what tops that? How about shaking hands with Lieutenant Commander Data? That's right, I was walking down Camp Street in the CBD minding my own business, and coming in the opposite direction, there's Brent Spiner. I'm not sure if I was even coherent, but what I meant to say was "Oh my gosh, Mr. Spiner, I'm a huge fan of yours." And he was very graceful and friendly; he said that he can't walk a block in New Orleans without somebody recognizing him, but that never happens in L.A. When I pointed out that I was even wearing my TOS science-officer-blue tie, he smiled and said "Wow, you really are a nerd" in a jovial way. What an awesome, awesome guy. And Data wouldn't have thrown five damn interceptions.
No comments:
Post a Comment