Thursday, August 22, 2013

Trivia review: Publiq House

I think I have mentioned before both my fondness for bar trivia (which has a surprisingly extensive wikipedia entry). Recently, I've played a few times at the Publiq House on Freret, and although I've tried to like it I won't be going any more. I'll admit that the questions are generally well-written, but as a trivia experience it is lacking. The game never starts on time and seems calculated to take much longer than it needs to; there is the same video introduction every week and artificially extended breaks between all five rounds. The prizes are de minimis; last time we played we got second place, which entitled our team of five to a $10 bar tab credit. And on top of that, the beer is overpriced. Four bucks for an eight-ounce mason jar? No sir. I understand that a bar hosts a trivia night to drum up business, but this just feels like getting soaked. I'll be looking for a new game.

No comments:

Post a Comment