"But it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio." --Lafcadio Hearn
Monday, August 26, 2013
Am I becoming a festival snob?
This past Saturday was the rescheduled New Orleans Daiquiri Festival. I did not attend; or more precisely, I walked up to the entrance, scoped it out, and decided not to attend. First, walking in I overheard several groups leaving and griping about the slim pickings inside. Second, it was in a small courtyard on Elysian Fields and, judging just from the view from the ticket booth, it was hard to see what there was on offer. Third, eight bucks to get in plus six-dollar food and drink tickets. It didn't seem worth taking the risk, so I passed. It might have been the right call because the post-event pictures don't reveal too much (We've Got Soul makes fantastic food, but they show up elsewhere around town). So I ask again, does this experience make me a festival snob? Should I suck it up and support a fledgling local event in the hopes that it will flourish into something more in coming years?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment