First New Orleans Zephyrs game. I like minor league ball; I went to plenty of Spokane Indians games growing up, and more than a few Brooklyn Cyclones games when I was in my New York interregnum. Zephyrs stadium has a nice layout, but boy the turnout was low for a nice Saturday night. Fifteen, twenty percent of the seats were occupied, tops. Maybe just a little too pricey for what it is, but I'd go back.
Third or fourth visit to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas. This time I was there for feeding time in the big fake oil platform tank, so that was cool. The penguins were very active too, including one juvenile who just swam against the corner of the enclosure, endlessly. That was weird.
Drinks: Other Bar on Freret (can't find a website for it). Quiet, non-smoking, decent beer selection, kooky but cozy. I like it.
The Crown and Anchor Pub on the West Bank. Cozy, authentic-looking pub (or what I imagine an authentic English pub looks like), just a pleasant ride on the Algiers ferry away. The front door is a TARDIS. Big fan.
Meals: Pizza at Midway. Still good, but sits heavy. Probably not good summer pizza.
Lunch at the High Hat on Freret. Blackened catfish, sweet potato salad. Very good home-style cooking. I will definitely return to work my way through the menu, especially the other side dishes.
Lunch at Red Gravy, one of my go-to lunch places downtown when I don't brown-bag it. I had a very good sandwich with turkey, soft cinnamony cooked apples, caramelized onions, and potato chips (on the sandwich itself).
Dinner at Dat Dog. Great and a great deal as always.
No comments:
Post a Comment