"But it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio." --Lafcadio Hearn
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Worst Case Scenario
No matter what happens on my trip, I will take comfort knowing that it could always be worse:
"According to witnesses, McLean was sleeping with his headphones on when the man sitting next to him suddenly produced a large knife and began stabbing McLean in the neck and chest. The attacker then decapitated McLean and displayed his severed head to other passengers outside who had fled the bus in horror. The driver and two other men attempted to rescue McLean but were chased away by Li, who slashed wildly at them from behind the locked bus doors. Li then went back to the body and began severing other body parts and consuming some of McLean's flesh."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Joe, this reminds me of the last Greyhound Bus trip that I took when I was 18. I flagged down the Greyhound on the highway outside a remote area of Northern California (yes, you could do that) to visit a friend in Oregon. The only empty seat on the bus was next to a scruffy dude with a large brown parcel on his lap. After a very long silence, he pointed to his parcel and asked, "Know what is in here?" "No," I responded. "Knives," he said, punctuating the statement by poking the sharp tip of what must have been one of many knives through the end of the parcel. Needless to say, it was the longest bus ride of my life. --- Dana (not the Rockettes)
ReplyDeleteYou'll be happy to know knives are no longer permitted, in carry-ons or in checked baggage! https://www.greyhound.com/en/docs/greyhound_prohibited_items_list.pdf
Delete