Pretty good enchiladas at Taqueria Guerrero, probably the best I've had in town although there are a couple of places I haven't tried yet. Finally got around to trying the very good drinks at Twelve Mile Limit.
Then a lovely wedding at the Peristyle in City Park (with an acoustic version of I Want You To Want Me for the recessional) and a reception at the Pitot House with music by Debbie Davis and the Lost Bayou Ramblers. Good food, good friends, and an all-around wonderful experience. As an added bonus, I had a fun encounter with an inebriated wedding guest who (1) asked if I was courting my girlfriend, (2) sang me an old Gilette jingle and told me to shave because she'd prefer it that way, (3) railed that kids these days don't know good music, and (4) then changed his mind and wanted to adopt me because I liked Debbie Davis's covers of the The Ink Spots' I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire and the The Kinks' Sunny Afternoon. At that point, his wife gently wrangled him away and sat him down, where he remained for the rest of the reception. Excellent times.
No comments:
Post a Comment