I have probably eaten more sit-down dinners at Domenica than any other restaurant in town. Not only does it have amazing italian food, but it's got a kickass happy hour with half-price pizza and beer. I generally lump pizzas into two categories: fancy pizza and everyday pizza. Domenica makes amazing fancy pizzas: delicious thin crust, wood-fired baking, classy ingredients. It is so good, I want to try them all. Hence, The Domenica Project! I am going to eat every pizza on the menu and rank them in order of preference, and maybe provide some recommendations. I am ignoring all pizzas that I have tried before the start of this project, for scientific purposes or something like that. Anyway, since conceiving of this I have had three (and Domenica has actually added one to the menu, so maybe this project can go on forever!). In descending order of preference so far, with updates to come:
1) Duck pizza with porcini, mascarpone, sweet potato & scallions. Holy crap this is good.
2) White pizza with ricotta, mozzarella, oregano, garlic & basil. Very light, and just as good cold.
3) Bolzano pizza with roast pork shoulder, fennel, bacon & sweet onions. I was not a fan of this one; it didn't seem to cohere into a whole. Oddly enough, it tasted better cold the next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment