Friday, April 26, 2013

Things to deal with in New Orleans.

Sometimes we get severe weather, even outside of hurricane season. A doozy of a storm blew through on Wednesday while I was having lunch at Domilise's (fried oyster po-boy, dressed). My apartment occasionally has a little water intrusion in heavy rains; sometimes through the windows, sometimes underneath the back door if the wind is right. Normally it's just a matter of mopping it up, and when I got home on Wednesday night I made sure to check that the floor was dry. But come Thursday morning, something didn't smell quite right. I febrezed a basket of laundry that was waiting to be washed, took out the trash, and went to work. By the time I got home, the funk was much funkier. After closer inspection, I discovered that the quadrant of the rug in the living room closest to the back door was indeed damp and fragrant. Now there's a fan pointed at it and we'll see if that does the trick. Additional suggestions are welcome. Not the end of the world, and certainly not as bad as what's going on elsewhere, of course, so if that's the worst thing that happens this week I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment