As the pictures in the last post indicate, I've been having a lot of fun in town notwithstanding the blogging silence. The threat of all that fun to document kept adding up until it was overwhelming, so I just decided to dump the visual record of the festivities and leave it at that. I'll get back to a regular blogging schedule now that the backlog is resolved.
But I do want to remember a particularly special Friday spent with my girlfriend. We both took the day off of work and had lunch at Willie Mae's Scotch House for the best fried chicken I've ever had, bar none. Pretty darn good lemonade too. Then we took the tour at NOLA Brewing on Tchoupitoulas. Very informative, and the beer is free! I am looking forward to returning to their Taphouse to try some of the specialty brews. After that, we walked down the parade route, stopping stopping at the Food Drunk food truck for a king cake burger. This concoction got a lot of press, and it was good but more for the novelty. But at that moment, it made absolute sense to eat a frosted hamburger at Lee Circle. Our walk continued to the Civic to see Neutral Milk Hotel, who put on a non-stop energetic show. Two thumbs way up. The evening wrapped up where all evenings should: at The Saint for a nightcap. That was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment